Student Connect: it’s all about you!
Do you want to get involved and meet other people? Do you have the networks you need to succeed? Do you want to devise a plan with an adviser to help reach your goals? Book a Student Connect appointment!
Over 95% of students who come to our appointments leave feeling motivated, connected and knowing what to do next.
“Feeling more inspired about my direction and focus”
“Very engaging. Took a genuine interest in me and my studies”
“It was good to talk to someone about what I want to get from uni, it made it seem more real and possible. GREAT!”
What happens in an appointment?
During a Student Connect appointment, your adviser will work with you to:
- Make sure you’re connected to the networks and people you need to succeed
- Reflect on the stage you’re at in your learnings and what you want to achieve
- Find experiences you can have to build your skills and knowledge for uni and work
- Work out any challenges you may be facing and how to overcome them
- Put a plan in place to help you achieve your goals, small or large
Who can book an appointment?
Undergraduate and graduate students from all year levels.
How to book
Appointments run for half an hour and are dedicated to talking all about you. To book an appointment:
- Log in to book a Stop 1 adviser to create a new booking.
- Under 'Select the Booking Type' select 'Skills Development and Experience'
- Under 'Select booking type' select 'Student Connect'
- Under 'Select the booking format' choose your appointment type (e.g. in person, telephone or virtual)
- Follow the prompts to finalise your appointment.